Shipping options and charges will be calculated during the checkout process. Our website is integrated with UPS and USPS and has the abiltity to return accurate shipping rates. There are several instances where oversize charges may be necessary to complete your shipment, typically when there are multiple packages or items that require additional freight charges. These charges are usually reflected at the time of checkout, however, The Rod Room reserves the right to change the shipping amount you are charged accordingly. If the amount is significant, you will be notified before you are charged. Please note, we do not profit on shipping.
1) Rod blanks will only be shipped insured via UPS.
2) Because blanks are an oversized item, a $10.00 additional shipping and handling fee will be added per order, not per blank. This amount is already reflected in the shipping rates displayed at checkout.
3) Guides cannot be shipped in padded envelopes due to the possibility they will be crushed. We utilize flat rate boxes for customers ordering items such as guides, tips, and thread.
4) Standard transit time for UPS is 2-5 days. Expedited shipping is available upon request.
5) Some items are available for drop-ship straight from the manufacturer for an additional $10.00 fee.
6) We do not offer the USPS Flat Rate option during check-out, because the items that we can ship this way are limited. We will utilize this option if available and adjust your shipping costs accordingly.
7) Any order shipped USPS will be insured accordingly. The cost to do so is already integrated into the shipping method you select. The Rod Room reserves the right to adjust your shipping cost to reflect any extra charges resulting from higher costs of insurance.
If you provide an incorrect shipping address that results in a fee from the carrier for an address correction, The Rod Room reserves the right to pass this fee along to you. If you have any questions about shipping, or want a quote before placing your order, please contact us.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the product you receive, please give us a call. Most items can be returned for a store credit within 15 days of purchase. Store credits must be used within 90 days. The Rod Room reserves the right to impose a 15% restocking fee. Shipping will not be refunded unless the return is due to our error. ALL CLOSE-OUT AND SPECIAL ORDER ITEM SALES ARE FINAL.
*AS OF 11-26-13 WE WILL NO LONGER BILL OR SHIP INTERNATIONALLY UNLESS YOU ARE A PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED ROD ROOM CUSTOMER. NO EXCEPTIONS!*
If you are an established international customer the following policy applies:
We have a $100.00 minimum on all international orders. Any orders shipped outside of the contiguous United States will be considered international. International orders will only be shipped via UPS. No exceptions. Additional shipping charges may apply. Customer is responsible for any additional duties or taxes. The Rod Room is not responsible if orders are held in customs. We will not, under any circumstance, alter the amount of the sale on the packing slip. All amounts are payable in US funds. International PayPal payments require an additional 10% fee. We will not process an order that is paid with a credit card until you contact us and provide us with the credit card's security code.
The Rod Room is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Rod Room may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated and is effective from 11-1-2012.
What we collect
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 4399-A Lindsey Ln, Orange Beach, AL. 36561. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Conditions of Use
By browsing this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term "The Rod Room" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 4399-A Lindsey Lane, Orange Beach, AL. 36561. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give raise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).